Effective: 1 January 2022
JR Fitness Pte. Ltd. (“JR Fitness” or “We” or “us” or “our”) takes the privacy of your information
seriously and we recognise and respect the importance of protecting your privacy. JR Fitness will take
all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure. You are encouraged
use your personal data when you browse our website at www.jrfitness.com.sg (the “Website”), or
otherwise provide your personal data to us. We fully comply with the provisions of Singapore’s Personal
Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and its subsidiary legislations and regulations as amended from
time to time.
By visiting this Website, signing up for or using any products, services offered by JR Fitness or
submitting information to or otherwise communicating with JR Fitness, you agree to be bound by the
terms of this Policy. By providing your personal data to us, you consent to us processing your personal
data in accordance with this Policy, and you confirm that all personal data provided by you is accurate
and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event
of any change to your personal data.
Pursuant to the PDPA, “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an
individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which
we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from
time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any applicable data
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
What Information Do We Collect
We may need to collect certain Personal Data when you register with us and use the Website in order
to facilitate the provision of our services and to maintain our quality standards. The information we
collect about you when you sign up for or use any of our products or services may include the following:
Data you have provided in applying for JR Fitness memberships which may include personal
particulars, such as your name, postal address, photograph, credit card and payment details and
other contact details (e.g. telephone number and e-mail address).
- Your account data and electronic identification data (including data added thereto). Such data
may include your JR Fitness account (if you have made such an account with us) and other
electronic identification data (such as IP address, MAC address) and the data you add to your
JR Fitness account such as your password, your date of birth, your gender, your language of
preference, the time zone you live in, your picture and other information you may share with us.
- Information regarding your use of our online services, that may include data regarding the pages
you visit, and the products and services you like.
- Data in connection with your use of the JR Fitness club, such as the frequency with which and
the time at which you use a JR Fitness club including the classes that you attend.
- Health-related data that you may provide in the course of completing forms and questionnaires
issued by us when applying for JR Fitness memberships.
- Your reviews such as the opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event
reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media.
- Your communication data such as your requests, complaints, and any other data that we receive
via different modes of communication such as electronic mail, online or via social media.
We may also gather statistical information about sales which may be passed to third parties but this
information is entirely anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
For the avoidance of doubt, we will collect your payment details and where payments are involved, we
will release your debit card or credit card information to third party payment authorisation service
providers and associated banks for them to process the payment for purchases, returns and/or refunds
How Do We Collect Information
We collect information from you when:
- You apply for an JR Fitness membership;
- You use our JR Fitness club;
- You visit our Website with a cookies-enabled browser;
- You register an account on our Website;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our mailing lists for updates, product
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website;
- You submit a query or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way whether by
electronic means or otherwise; n
- We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred
you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you
purchased through them;
- Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably
authorised by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be
delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was
collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies;
- When you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require
consent under the PDPA.
We are committed to offering our customers a safe and secure environment. Whilst we take appropriate
technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no
transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we
cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us; any
transmission is at your own risk.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data and other information collected may be used by JR Fitness individually or
collectively and may be combined with other information for the following purposes:
For our business operations, including:
- registering and maintaining your JR Fitness user account;
- administering and updating your JR Fitness membership;
- for identification purposes and JR Fitness club access;
- facilitating or processing your transactions with us;
- sending you updates via electronic communication;
- processing your billing information, which may be contracted to our third-party payment gateways;
- processing your refunds in accordance with our terms;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
communicating with you regard to your use of our Website;
- responding to any queries or requests by you;
- customising your experience with us, identifying your preferences, recommending features,
products, or services;
- to maintain appropriate business records such as for internal and statutory reporting or record
- to monitor and improve our provision of the services through our Website;
- conducting customer satisfaction surveys and collecting feedback from you;
- to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and services; and
- conducting research and analysis activities such as data analytics and surveys to improve our
services or develop new features or products.
For marketing and promotional purposes, including:
- where you consent, processing and sending to you marketing, advertising, and promotional
information on our services, products, events, promotions, by us or our business or brand
partners, whether by electronic means or otherwise;
- targeting or retargeting you with advertisements, or serving you customised advertisements
across other websites, applications, or social media sites which you visit; or
administering or enrolling you in lucky draws, contests, or other similar promotions.
For general business or legal purposes including:
- investigating and resolving claims and disputes;
- responding to requests for information from public, governmental, or regulatory authorities;
- for audit, compliance, investigation, and inspection purposes;
- complying with any applicable law, regulatory, legal process, or government request;
- enforcing or applying our Website terms and conditions, or protecting our rights or property;
- pursuing legal rights and remedies and defending litigation;
- in connection with business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures,
restructuring, financing, or acquisition of our business;
- any other purposes permitted by law; and
- any other purposes which we specifically seek your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
We may disclose your information on a confidential basis to our agents, subcontractors, bankers and
third-party service providers in connection with the proper provision of services to you.
We may also transfer your information to an assignee of the whole or a substantial part of JR Fitness’s
business. Subject to the foregoing, we will not share, trade or sell your information to any company or
parties not directly associated with its proper use in accordance with the terms of our service or as
described above, except when you give us explicit permission or where we are under a legal obligation
to do so.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may update certain information about yourself on pages on our Website such as the profile page.
You may request to access and/or correct your Personal Data currently in our possession or control by
submitting a written request to us at the contact details set out below. The following terms apply:
- all requests are subject to applicable law;
- we will need sufficient information from you to ascertain your identity and the nature of your
request before we can deal with your request;
- we shall have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your
requests to access or correct your Personal Data. We will provide you with a written estimate of
the fees and shall have the right not to respond with your request until you have agreed to pay
the fee; and
- where your Personal Data is corrected, we may, at our discretion, send the corrected Personal
Data to any organisations which your Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the
date the correction was made, unless the corrected Personal Data is not needed for legal or
business purposes. Please inform us if you prefer to only send the corrected personal data to
What are cookies
Cookies are small files that are stored on your device when accessing our Website to store and track
information about you and your use of our Website (“Cookies”). Cookies may be persistent and stay in
your device for some time or only stored in an individual session. While Cookies can tell us when you
enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
identifiable, information (e.g. session information such as the number of times you visit our
website and the location from which you are accessing the website).
Note that some limited information is personally identifiable for the purposes of:
- managing and customising your experience on the Website;
- analysing trends and improving our site for our users; and
- delivering content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you browse our websites
Any other information is anonymised and/or aggregated to produce statistical reports that enable us to
evaluate the use of our website; and to make improvements to, and increase efficiency when you
browse our Website.
but they will not generally allow us to obtain information of a personal nature such as your name and
address. We will only be aware of such information if you provide the information to us or you have set
the preferences in your browser to provide this information automatically.
We use the information collected to analyse trends and improve our site for our customers.
or if you do not consent to your Personal Data being collected by Cookies, you may modify your browser
settings to disable Cookies. Note that this could result in this Website no longer working properly and
affect your use of the Website.
Third-party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from this Website. We work with third-party
service providers who are authorised to place third-party cookies and may also set cookies on this
Website. These third-party service providers are responsible for the cookies they set on this Website.
Advertisements on the Website may be provided by third party agencies. These advertisements may
also generate cookies, for example, to track how many people have viewed the advertisement. The
collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third party
cookies are subject to the privacy and data protections policies of the third party vendors and are not
under our control. If you want further information, please go to the website of the relevant third party.
You may reject third party cookies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the
loss of Website functionality, restrict your use of the Website, or delay or affect the way in which the
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was
collected or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided for by law.
OPTING-OUT / WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT / RETENTION OF DATA
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information,
please inform us as follows:
1. to withdraw consent from receiving SMS promotions: please unsubscribe by following the steps
provided in the promotional SMS;
2. to withdraw consent from promotional emails: please click on the Unsubscribe link in the
3. to withdraw consent from receiving promotional material with your order package: please email
our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided below.
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or
promotional materials or communications, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be
reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials or
communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional materials through a specific
communication mode (e.g. SMS), we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products
and services via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of any of your Personal Data
in our possession or under our control by submitting a written request via email to our Data Protection
Officer. Note that, depending on the nature of the consent withdrawal, we may not be able to continue
to provide you with some or all of our products or services. We will process such a request within a
reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is
complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we
retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes.
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we
will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes and may change this Policy from time to time.
In this regard, we may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and any
changes in legal and regulatory requirements by posting the updated version of the Policy on our
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated
from time to time on our Website. Any amended Policy will be posted on our Website and can be viewed
at www.jrfitness.com.sg, and the “effective date” at the top of this Policy will be amended to reflect when
it was last revised.
By continuing to use our Website and/or services after the Policy has been amended, you hereby agree
to be bound by the terms of such amended Policy.
You are encouraged to visit the above Website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed
of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties or our affiliates.
These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of and the
information contained in those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for any loss or
damage that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these
websites or resources. For more information, please refer to the privacy statement of the website you
are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
For any questions relating to your Personal Data or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding
the collection, use or handling of your Personal Data by us, or any other privacy-related queries, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by writing to the following address: 9 Tan Quee Lan Street, 02-
02 Tan Quee Lan Suites, Singapore 188098
Emails and letters should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request or complain
in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query,
request or complaint promptly and fairly.
This Policy and your use of this Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic